• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• Gay prince to speak at EuroPride

Gay prince to speak at EuroPride

Prince Manvendra Singh Gohil is from the Royal Family of Gujarat

Prince Manvendra Singh Gohil of the Royal Family of Gujarat in north west India, will be one of the three opening speakers at EuroPride 2008 in Stockholm.
    He made headlines around the world when he publicly came out of the closet in 2006 and has subsequently spoken to Oprah Winfrey, starred in the gay film Emotionally Yours and set up an HIV-awareness charity to educate gay men about the dangers of the disease.
    The charity, Lakshya, has solemnised gay "marriages" and is conducting research into acceptance for homosexuality in Holy Scriptures.
    "I am honoured to be invited as one of the opening speakers for Stockholm EuroPride," he said.
    "Especially since I live in a country where LGBT issues are still taboo.
    "I look forward to visiting Scandinavia for the first time and the possibility to initiate future collaborations. I am convinced it will be a memorable journey."
    EuroPride's theme this year is Swedish Sin, Breaking Borders.
    "We have chosen Manvendra Singh Gohil because he can give EuroPride visitors a image of the situation for LGBT people in other parts of the world," said Jonah Nylund, President of Stockholm Pride.
    Stockholm EuroPride 2008 opens on July 25th with a three day film festival.
    The festival area Pride House will open July 28th to August 1st and the festival area Pride Park opens on July 30th. The Pride Parade will be held on August 2nd.
    London-based gay rapper QBoy is among the acts performing this year along with Alcazar, QBoy, Kick, Discoboys and Backroom Matches.
Trabajando...
X