Good Morning America’s Robin Roberts confirms she’s in a same-sex relationship

Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• Good Morning America’s Robin Roberts confirms she’s in a same-sex relationship

Robin Roberts, co-host of Good Morning America – the country’s most watched morning news programme – has acknowledged publicly for the first time her long-standing relationship with a woman.

The 53-year-old wrote and spoke extensively about her battle with breast cancer in 2008 and again in 2012 when she underwent a bone marrow transplant to treat a rare blood disorder called myelodysplastic syndrome.

In an end-of-the-year message posted yesterday on her Facebook page, she said: “At this moment I am at peace and filled with joy and gratitude,” adding: “I am grateful to God, my doctors and nurses for my restored good health. I am grateful for my sister, Sally-Ann, for being my donor and giving me the gift of life.

“I am grateful for my entire family, my long time girlfriend, Amber, and friends as we prepare to celebrate a glorious new year together. I am grateful for the many prayers and well wishes for my recovery. I return every one of them to you 100 fold. On this last Sunday of 2013 I encourage you to reflect on what you are grateful for too.”

Roberts is a household name in the US, having co-anchored ABC’s Good Morning America since 2005. She began her career in 1983 as a sports anchor and reporter in Hattiesburg, Mississippi.

Born in Alabama, Roberts grew up in Pass Christian, Mississippi, where she played basketball and tennis at college before embarking full-time into broadcasting.

It was Roberts whom President Barack Obama chose in May 2012 for his landmark interview to acknowledge his support for equal marriage.

Source: Good Morning America’s Robin Roberts confirms she’s in a same-sex relationship
Trabajando...
X