Anuncio

Colapsar
No hay anuncio todavía.

Gay ‘cure’ doctor: Men should avoid listening to Adele if they ‘want to stay straight

Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• Gay ‘cure’ doctor: Men should avoid listening to Adele if they ‘want to stay straight

A retired US doctor who claims to be able to “cure” gay people, has advised that men should not listen to Adele because it might make them “turn” gay.

The Texan doctor makes the claim in Channel 4′s ‘Cure Me. I’m Gay’, which features Embarrassing Bodies doctor Christian Jessen.

In the programme, retired doctor John Smid, throws away Dr Jessen’s Adele CD, saying that the Skyfall singer is “very popular within the gay community. You have to listen to Christian music.”

He also advises Dr Jessen to avoid wearing tight underwear in case they “stir his sensuality”, and make him want to have sex.

The Embarrassing Bodies doctor, who is in a long-term same-sex relationship, will test a range of gay therapies before taking tests to measure his arousal.

‘Gay cure’ therapies, which are still in use around the world, vary in their forms.

They can include electroshock therapy, hypnosis, exorcism, as well as cognitive aversion therapy, which involves exposing participants to arousing material and then causing pain.

In the series, titled ‘Cure Me, I’m Gay’, he will also talk to people who claim to have been cured of homosexuality, and investigate different practices still in use today.

Discussing his sexuality, Christian recently told Ditch the Label: “I do remember growing up feeling very alone – it was difficult and I remember wishing that my sexuality wasn’t the way it was turning out.

“It was different for me as I have never been ‘obviously’ gay and so people are often surprised when they find out. I have been exposed to off-the-cuff homophobic comments from other doctors, especially when being trained in sexual health.”

Source: Gay ‘cure’ doctor: Men should avoid listening to Adele if they ‘want to stay straight’
Trabajando...
X