Anuncio

Colapsar
No hay anuncio todavía.

Markantoine Lynch-Boisvert And Alex James Taboureau Injured In Alleged Homophobic Attack

Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• Markantoine Lynch-Boisvert And Alex James Taboureau Injured In Alleged Homophobic Attack

Markan.jpg
    MaMarkantoine Lynch-Boisvert HO/Canadian PressMarkantoine Lynch-Boisvert is seen in an undated photo provided Aug. 25, 2019. He says he and his partner were allegedly assaulted outside a Quebec bar by three men who directed homophobic insults at them.

They say the attack is proof homophobia still exists in Canada.

MONTREAL — A Quebec fashion designer said Sunday that an alleged violent attack against him and his partner over the weekend are proof that homophobia remains a problem in Canada.

Markantoine Lynch-Boisvert said he and partner Alex James Taboureau were leaving a bar in La Malbaie, in the province’s Charlevoix region late Friday night when a man began directing homophobic insults their way.

He said they were confronted by the man outside the bar, who allegedly headbutted Lynch-Boisvert in the face while two others attacked his partner. They claim the three men attacked again a few minutes later, knocking Lynch-Boisvert to the ground.

“They were kicking me in the face, I was on the ground, and at one moment one of the two said to their friend, ‘Stop, you’re going to kill him,’” Lynch-Boisvert recalled in a phone interview.

Markan 1.jpg

Markantoine Lynch-Boisvert HO/Canadian PressMarkantoine Lynch-Boisvert and his partner Alex James Taboureau are seen in an undated photo.

Lynch-Boisvert said he and his partner were eventually able to escape and jump into a taxi. The attack left him covered in blood and vomiting from the head injury, he said, and they quickly called an ambulance.

“I was dizzy, I couldn’t see anything, there was blood everywhere,” he said.

Quebec provincial police confirm they responded to a call in La Malbaie Friday night in which two men were taken to hospital. Police spokesman Stephane Tremblay said they received an official complaint from the victims on Saturday and were investigating, but did not provide further details.

Taboureau, for his part, said the entire incident left him in shock.

“It was hard to comprehend what was happening,” he said over the phone. “I was saying to them, ‘Why are you doing this? Why are you doing this?’ It was very traumatic.”

A number of public figures and human rights groups denounced the incident, which Premier Francois Legault described on Twitter as “an unacceptable and revolting act that has no place in Quebec.”

Conservative Leader Andrew Scheer also spoke out against what he called a “heinous act of hatred.”
    “Nobody should ever be the target of violence for their sexual orientation, beliefs and opinions,” he wrote on his Twitter account.

Lynch-Boisvert said his injuries include three facial fractures, while Taboureau is recovering from bruising and a minor concussion.

The designer said he’s been inundated with messages of support, but also stories from other LGBTQ people who say they’ve had similar experiences.

The men, who have been together seven years, said they’ve decided to speak out about what happened in the hopes of starting a wider conversation about homophobia and how to stop it.

“If something positive has to come out of this, let’s try and be sensitive to get people to be more open about the fact that homosexual aggressions are still happening here in Quebec,” Taboureau said.

Size: https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/homophobic-attack-markantoine-lynch-boisvert-alex-james-taboureau_ca_5d62e0e1e4b02cc97c8f834e?fbclid=IwAR0 vhHh31k2nocfPGsZdkZv_e8-a8HXpAESagDXzOP-Z3mJURP5va-pUHwg&guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ mFjZWJvb2suY29tLw&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAKerCY2B_H UPhHbggRMrdNmiWXAk346OsfU9_5hD35JWCKoGPdXyTr2W7-3z2x-e4B8QTrCfKfwMwfjRXjfziYJA704mSybi0YaqdYYgZj03MSx3v NfnFilfLZviUWnJ8jKI3HJ6077a8T0JsvQGd4EA7fL1r1EVWBo 4jE1PFv9I
Trabajando...
X