Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• Russia: Moscow’s largest gay club closes after string of vigilante attacks

Moscow’s largest gay club will soon close its doors for good, after a string of vigilante attacks, including shootings, violent assaults and the release of poison gas.

According to Queerussia, the Central Station club, which is Moscow’s biggest gay club, will shut its doors for good, after owner Andrei Lischinsky resigned as CEO earlier this year.

The club has suffered from a huge number of attacks in the past year, including shootings, the release of a poisonous gas, and a coordinated attack by around 100 men.

Lischinsky previously said that Moscow Police had refused to investigate any of the incidents, and that none of his 30 complaints had received a police response.

Announcing his resignation earlier this year, he said: “I am resigning from my job as CEO of the Central Station club on February 1, 2014. Tired of fighting with the ‘windmills’.

“It has been 3 years of unforgettable work in the biggest gay club in the country, a lot has been passed through: the attack of the local prosecutor’s office, and burning my car down, and the fight against the raiders… It was one of the most interesting experiences of my work in the best club in its [market] segment.”

After Lischinsky’s resignation it was believed the club would find new management, but co-owner Ilja Abaturov has confirmed it will now be closed for good.

Representatives of the landlords are blaming the decision on a decision by Moscow Arbitration Court, despite the club having permission to operate until 2017.

Source: Russia: Moscow’s largest gay club closes after string of vigilante attacks
Trabajando...
X