Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• Alan Carr: ‘The most homophobia I get is from gays’

British camp comic has spoken out on the outrage following his new PETA campaign, with some accusing it of being 'homophobic'

By Joe Morgan

British comic Alan Carr has spoken out on the homophobia he has faced from gay people today (16 April).

The gay Chatty Man host was announced as the face of a new PETA campaign urging people to ‘fix’ the dog and cat overpopulation crisis.

Wearing a pair of pink fairy wings and brandishing a star-shaped magic wand, the ad’s tagline is: ‘Be a Little Fairy for Animals!’

Several people on social media spoke out against the advert, describing it as ‘homophobic’.

In response, Carr said on Twitter: ‘The “fairy” in the @Peta campaign refers to my Tooth Fairy DVD that's all. Take my advice if you act like a victim you get treated like 1.

‘Don't worry twitter they'll be another bandwagon you can jump on in a minute zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

‘Hey and before all you oh so worthy gays get back on your high horse the most homophobia I get is from gays. #selfloathing

Posting a little later, he added: ‘Well that last tweet shut them up!! Ha!

‘Anyway let's be positive it's a beautiful day! And let's thank our lucky stars we can actually have this debate/discussion/catfight openly.’

In a statement made to Gay Star News, a spokesperson said: ‘PETA, like Marmite, welcomes vigorous discussion about our ads because getting people talking is the first step in raising awareness of important animal issues.’

They added: ‘Alan Carr's ad humorously conveys the very serious homeless-animal crisis that has caused hundreds of thousands of animals to languish in shelters across the country and means thousands of healthy, highly adoptable animals are being euthanized, simply for lack of homes.

‘The only solution to this growing problem is for people to sterilize their animal companions, and we're very grateful to Alan for lending his support to the campaign.’

Source: Alan Carr: ‘The most homophobia I get is from gays’
Trabajando...
X