X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• Church Celebrates Transgender Pastor's Transition With 'Renaming' Ceremony

trans_pastor.jpg

On Sunday, a Lutheran church in New Jersey celebrated the female-to-male transition of a pastor with a renaming ceremony.

Transgender Pastor Rose Beeson of St. Matthew Trinity Lutheran Church in Hoboken was called "Peter" by Lutheran Bishop Tracie Bartholomew to mark the pastor's gender transition.

"I feel embraced by a cloud of saints," Beeson told ABC 7.

The church has been overwhelmingly supportive of the transition, says the 31-year-old.

Twenty-one-year-old congregant Mark Singleton said the renaming ceremony was "a wonderful day in the life of this radically inclusive community," according to NJ.com.

"It's an opportunity for us to live out our mission to accept everyone, not just talk the talk," said another congregant, Jen Meusel, 20.

Bishop Bartholomew has been equally supportive of the transition.

"I support Pastor Beeson coming to the realization of who he really is," she said.

Beeson came out as transgender last summer, which she said was "even more important" due to the recent election of President Donald Trump.

"Both I and this congregation thought it was even more important because of that; to be a bold voice that says, Christians also believe transgender people are good and created in the image of God," said the pastor.

The name Peter was a purposeful choice for Beeson, telling ABC 7 Biblical, "Peter's persistence resonated."

"I am grateful to be in a congregation in part to be a bold witness to God's mercy and grace," said Beeson.

Source: https://www.dailywire.com/news/27014...prestigiacomo#
Trabajando...
X